The SAND 160 profile is part of the family of "large span" profiles, which are particularly suitable for the construction of buildings characterised by structural steps of medium and large dimensions.
Easy transport and handling, rapidity and simplicity of installing are the peculiar characteristics that distinguish them: the installing takes place completely dry, with variable fixing systems depending on the structure.
Compared to a traditional precast prestressed concrete solution, "large span" structural floors have the following advantages:
- High capacity: a wide range of profiles with different parameters (height and pitch) are available and can be produced in different thicknesses according to specific design requirements;
- Enhanced security: thanks to the contained own weight, they give the structure a better anti-seismic behavior;
- Versatility: they adapt perfectly to any type of flat, curved or inclined structure. In the Perforated version, they give the roofing package a high sound absorption capacity.
- Construction cost: the structural system for large spans, thanks to its much lower weight, allows the construction of buildings with smaller load-bearing elements with consequent economic savings.
- Transport cost: the packaging and the reduced dimensions of the corrugated sheets allow to transport, for each single vehicle, a much higher quantity of material – on average about 2000/2500 m2.
- Labor cost: savings on labor, given the rapidity of installing, usability and immediate static efficiency. The speed of installing and ease of handling allow for significant savings in labor costs and execution time.
All large light profiles are available in Positive, Negative, Perforated, versions and can be supplied with the following applications on the internal side: SANDnodrip non-woven fabric with anti-condensation function, or SANDcontrol non-woven fabric with anti-noise and anti-condensation function.
SANDnodrip - Anti-condensation cloth
SANDnodrip is a special non-woven fabric cloth chemically bonding specific elements that create a highly porous surface with excellent moisture absorption properties.
These characteristics prevent the roof from dripping, thanks to polyester fibres and microbeads in the felt that absorb and collect the forming condensation.
SANDnodrip corrugated metal sheets are characterised by a fire resistance class A2-s1, d0.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION about SANDnodrip:
- Material = TNT 100% polyester fibre
- Nominal thickness = < 1 mm
- Colour = grey
- Fire resistance class = A2 - s1, d0
The TESTS performed on the products are:
SANDcontrol - Anti-noise and anti-condensation cloth
SANDcontrol is a special non-woven cloth with increased density, which makes it possible to significantly reduce the noise caused by outdoor weathering.
In addition, it is specially designed to offer excellent performance in absorbing any condensation that may form.
The reduced thickness allows you to carry out interventions, even in case of recovery or renovation, without raising the roof package.
The corrugated sheets with SANDcontrol application are characterised by fire resistance class C-s1, d0.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION of SANDcontrol:
- Material: TNT 100% polyester fiber
- Nominal thickness = 2-3mm
- Nominal thickness= 200 g/m2
- Color = Grey
- Fire resistance class = C - s1, d0
The Tests performed on the products are:learn more